Go here for details about the current version!
Versions v2.0.3 – 2.0.4
2019-05-13T1631-v2.0.4-coldcard.dfu built May 13, 2019.
- Transaction signing speed improved by about 3X.
- Will warn if miner's fee is over 5% of txn amount (was 1% before). Hard limit remains 10% (configurable, can be disabled completely).
- Robustness: Tighten stack-depth checking, increase heap size, shuffle some memory.
- Bugfix: Transactions with more than 10 outputs were not summarized correctly.
- Bugfix: Consolidating transactions that move UTXO within same wallet are shown better.
- Bugfix: Better recovery from too-complex transaction errors.
- "Don't forget your PIN" warning message is more bold now.
- (in 2.0.4) Bugfix: Clearing duress PIN would lead to a error screen.
- (in 2.0.4) Bugfix: Advanced > "Lock Down Seed" command didn't work correctly.
- (in 2.0.4) Bugfix: Importing seed words manually didn't work on second try (thanks @duck1123)
Versions 2.0.0 – 2.0.2
- BIP39 Passphrase support: enter up to 100 characters to create new wallets from your existing seed words. Each is a completely independant wallet to Electrum and PSBT files, so please make note of the extended master fingerprint (eight hex digits).
- Support for Mark2 hardware, with membrane keypad replacing touch interface.
- Adds activity light during MicroSD card read/write (Mk2 only)
- New command: "Lock down seed" which converts BIP39 seed words and passphrase into the master xprv and saves that as new wallet secret. Locks in the passphrase, deletes seed words.
- New bootrom, version 1.2.1 with Mk2 hardware support and improved one-wire bus MitM defences.
- Bugfix: extra keypress occurs during certain interactions involving key repeat.
- (in 2.0.1) bugfix: underscore/space indicator shown on Settings > Idle Timeout menu
- (in 2.0.2) Page up/down on long text displays with 7/9 keys
- (in 2.0.2) Public summary file now includes extended master key fingerprint near top of file.
- (in 2.0.2) Bugfix: signing larger transactions could fail due to lack of memory
2018-11-26T1403-v1.1.0-coldcard.dfu built Nov 26, 2018.
Allow setting max network fee to a number of possible levels, or disable it (was previously fixed to 10%). Thanks to @crwatkins for this suggestion.
Touch improvements: two new setting, which are between the old 'Least Sensitive' and 'Most Sensitive' settings. New menu text.
Touch sensitivity preference is applied before login, so PIN entry is easier.
Although we do not use the
bech32_decode()function recently found to have an buffer overflow bug, we've included the fix into our fork of the affected library. This change, and the original bug, does not affect the Coldcard firmware in any way.
Correctly include witness data in transactions when signing based on witness UTXO data (thanks to @SomberNight)
Bugfix: Fix divide-by-zero if transaction sends zero amount out (only possible if network fee equals 100% of inputs).
2018-09-11T1428-v1.0.2-coldcard.dfu built Sep 11th, 2018.
- Add support for SLIP-132
- yprv/zprv keys can now be imported
- public.txt file includes both SLIP-132 and BIP-32 values where needed (segwit cases)
- test cases added to match
- Can create Electrum skeleton wallet for Segwit Native and Segwit P2SH now.
- caveat: the plugin is not ready yet for P2SH/Segwit, but Segwit native is fine
- Improvements in 'public.txt' output:
- add SLIP-132 values where we can
- correct names when used for Litecoin
- Improvements to backup and restore
- can now restore cleartext backups (for devs only!)
- fix "Unable to open ... /sd/backup.7z" error
Older releases, the source code, and much more be found in our repository on github.