My PIN isn't always accepted
If the second part of your pin starts with a "2", you might be doing that digit at the phishing words screen. That sends you into the "secondary" PIN, although you are trying to enter the main one. Instead, please be careful to press OK at that screen, then "2".
Electrum says 'Cannot load wallet'
Maybe you get this warning screen:
0x43587cf might also be
This error means that you are trying to use a Coldcard set for test
net vs. an Electrum that is working on main net (or vice versa).
They need to be set the same. Start Electrum with a
flag and change the blockchain on the Coldcard settings to match.
Touch pad is not doing what I want.
Phantom keypresses have been a problem for some users. Here are some debug steps:
- Install version 1.0.1 or later of the firmware.
- Change the touch setting to suit your preferences and needs.
- Press X twice before entering PIN; that selects the least sensitive mode.
- Use a quality USB power supply. Often a battery pack is best for this.
- Move to a different environment. Moisture in the air can be an issue.
One customer reported this:
I did some testing and it seemed that any computer plugged to the grid is plagued by noise, after connecting the wallet to an offline laptop running on battery power, I had zero issues with the touchpad...
If you run into trouble using the Coldcard, please drop a note to email@example.com so we can add your knowledge and experience to this page!